jueves, 2 de octubre de 2008

Week 3: Networks (1)

I 'm copying here the entry I posted to the Moodle forum because I think it illustrates how this "entity, ME" is trying to learn about networks:

"Hi, George and Margarita:

Well, the amount of new information is really huge and I'm trying to follow the schedule but I'm a week behind it. At this moment, I didn’t have the time to post the ideas for the 3 week. Maybe later I will post them. I’m still reading about networks…As I posted in my blog, http://sonni2007.blogspot.com/ on week 2, I feel the pressure and I’d like to have more time. Although I have experimented with communities, the readings are demanding.
What I have been doing is organizing my ideas in the best way for me to learn. Maybe I don’t make deep reflections, I decided not to participate in the forums, I’m a lurker, I only participate when I feel I can contribute to a positive discussion because I’m in another level: I’m absorbing the information, maybe later I will have time to reflect. I found myself in what I call “input phase”. I would like to take part in the live sessions but at that time I’m working. On week-ends and at night I have listened to some recordings .Something that I do is printing the readings so I can carry them with me and read them ( not online, “stealing” some moments from my work) , because I like to highlight the key ideas or insights that resonate with my own experiences.
Something else I have found myself doing is not following the suggested order and sometimes I have gone back to previous readings because I need change, I got bored if I have to read about the same topic all the time. And let me tell you, that I have started to make connections.
So I usually go to hub, check the information in the course blog, check the activities, print the readings, watch the videos with the presentation for the week. I confess I prefer watching the videos than reading. I love this feature of the course. I found videos adapt better to my learning style.
Margarita, I understand your difficulties if you aren’t fluent in English but I think in this course you have to make decisions and prioritize what is more important for you. How about posting in your blog in your native language? Relax, be patient with yourself and try to learn as much as you can. Hope some of my words could help you and motivate you to continue.
I‘m here for the learning experience, the challenge and the generosity of our facilitators to give us this opportunity free of charge".

No hay comentarios: